Board of Directors
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Riverside Web Design by AnM Web Design
Copyright © 2011 SCTEI. All Rights Reserved.
Christopher B. Duro Graduate Fellowship
Application Form (click to download)
The Southern California Tribal Education Institute will administer the Christopher B. Duro Graduate Fellowship. The Fellowship is merit and need based for Native students pursuing graduate study to help the advancement of Native communities. Preference will be given to first-generation graduate students.
To apply for the Christopher B. Duro Graduate Fellowship, you must meet the following General Eligibility Requirements:
1. Be Indigenous/Native as defined as having direct lineage and continued relationship to an indigenous community within North America.
2. Be enrolled in or accepted to attend a full time (minimum number of credits required by the degree program) accredited graduate degree program. Documentation of enrollment or acceptance will be required to receive an award.
3. Demonstrate financial need, you must submit a FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR).
4. Transcript of Grades - Students will need to submit official college transcripts.
5. Statement of Purpose - Answer all components carefully and completely.
6. Research Summary - Answer all components carefully and completely.
7. Supporting Documentation - Three letters of recommendation, current resume and a copy of your thesis/dissertation proposal.
8. Interviews - The Fellowship committee may request an interview with fellowship finalist.
The Christopher B. Duro Graduate Fellowship program will award fellowships based on need and merit. Students who are chosen to be Duro Fellows will be eligible for up to $25,000 per year, based on need and will be required to perform community service hours with the Southern California Tribal Education Institute and publish a scholarly article.